1. General, conceptual activities
- Papers on Human Security and Human Rights (Oberleitner), Human Security and Prevention of Terrorism (Benedek), Human Security in Post-conflict Situations (Benedek).
2. Human rights education and human security
- Organizing (in cooperation with the Ludwig-Boltzmann-Institute for Human Rights in Vienna) the international workshop on “Human Security and Human Rights Education”, June/July 2000.
- Elaboration of the manual “Understanding Human Rights” for the Human Security Network on the initiative of the Austrian Ministry for Foreign Affairs as the chair of the Human Security Network during 2002/2003. The manual has been endorsed by the 5th Ministerial Meeting of the Human Security Network in Graz, May 2003.
- Elaboration of the “Graz Declaration on Principles of Human Rights Education and Human Security”, endorsed by the 5th Ministerial Meeting of the Human Security Network in Graz, May 2003.
3. Human rights and human security
- Organizing the 1st international “Summer Academy on Human Rights and Human Security with a special focus on South East Europe”, September 2003.
4. Building human security in post-conflict situations: South East Europe as an example
- Research project “Institutionalising Ethnic Diversity in (Post-)Conflict Situations: The Role of Human Rights and Minority Protection in South East Europe.
5. Human security and the local level
- Project “Culture of Human Rights” - a bundle of activities to raise awareness on human rights and human security issues, organized by the ETC to contribute to “Graz 2003 - Cultural Capital of Europe”.