1. General, conceptual activities
- Establishment of section on Human Security on Website of ETC.
- Establish the online-journal “Human Security Perspectives” to contribute to the global human security community.
2. Human rights education and human security
- Dissemination and development (updates and translations) of the manual “Understanding Human Rights”.
- Training activities on human security (seminars, conferences, workshops, symposia).
- Organization of seminars, conferences, workshops, and symposia in the field of human security, e.g. the symposium on “human security responses to 9/11”, Vienna 2002, or the seminar on “human security and the prevention of crime and corruption”, Graz 2003.
- Introducing Human Security into curricula in the field of human security education and developing of curricula for human security education.
- Preparation of the 2nd international “Summer Academy on Human Rights and Human Security”, to be held in August/September 2004.
3. Building human security in post-conflict situations: South-East-Europe as an example
- Cross-border partnership in post-conflict situations: The Human Rights Centres Network in South-East-Europe.
4. Human security and the local level
5. Research activities
- Publication of papers in the field of human security, e.g. “Human Security and Prevention of Terrorism” by Wolfgang Benedek, or “Human Security and Human Rights” by Gerd Oberleitner.
- Cluster of student papers and diploma thesis.